Exelon Principal, Market Development in CHICAGO, Illinois
Constellation is seeking a Principal to join our Market Development team and will focus on Mass Markets Regulatory & Policy efforts. The successful candidate will coordinate with Exelon’s State & Government Affairs team to defend competitive markets and advocate for market rules that increase the efficiency and sustainability of the markets for residential and small commercial customers. The person will collaborate with the Mass Markets leadership team to ensure the organization is aware of pending and potential market changes that could impact the Mass Markets business; assist with the development of sales / market entry strategies; and develop other (e.g. renewable energy) strategies based on anticipated and planned market rule and policy changes.
Primary responsibilities for this role are: 1) represent Mass Markets in state regulatory proceedings and legislative hearings to develop favorable market structure rules and identify opportunities for new products and services and recommend changes to the Constellation’s business strategies; 2) develop and execute advocacy plans that advance Constellation’s Mass Markets policy agenda (including setting goals and tracking progress); 3) support regulatory interventions – in conjunction with State & Government Affairs develop and file interventions and comments for retail related proceedings before state commissions as needed to defend markets and advance competition; 4) lead cross-functional teams that ensure business readiness to operate in new markets or with new products; and, 5)collaborate with the Mass Markets leadership team to ensure the organization is aware of pending and potential market changes that could impact the Mass Markets business.
· Bachelor degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in market or product development, or market management;
· Strong grasp of energy market fundamentals and competitive energy market design;
· Experience influencing the Regulatory and Legislative process;
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines;
· Excellent written and oral skills;
· Solid collaboration skills;
· Ability to travel as required; and
· Project management experience a plus.
Job Commercial Integrations
Organization: Generation Constellation - Wholesale
Title: Principal, Market Development
Other Locations: US-NY-NEW YORK, US-TX-HOUSTON, US-MA-BOSTON, US-IL-CHICAGO
Requisition ID: 210398