U.S. Army Reserve Command Military Personnel & Administrative Assistant in Whitehall, Ohio
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician Program. This enables you to receive full Civil Service benefits and full Military Reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserve and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: 88th Regional Support Command (RSC), Reserve Personnel Action Center (RPAC) Columbus, HUB OH018, Whitehall, Ohio.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Preparing correspondence and reports
- Providing technical advice
- Processing personnel or pay actions for Military
- Interpreting regulatory or procedural requirements
- Responding to soldiers regarding pay issues
- Training others on the use of automated systems
- Researching complex pay issues
- Advising Military on pay regulations and entitlements
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Agency Employees Only
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing clerical or administrative tasks such as preparing correspondence, filing and data entry; processing a variety of personnel or pay actions; and interpreting and/or applying regulatory or procedural requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
- Oral Communication
- Personnel Action Processing and Recordkeeping
- Written Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
Applicants who are current Federal employees or who are eligible for Reinstatement may be able to qualify with experience equivalent to the second lower grade (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualifications requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- This position may be filled as a Temporary Promotion, Temporary Reassignment, or Temporary Change to Lower Grade not to exceed [insert NTE date] and can be extended up to 5 years.
- This position may be made permanent without further competition.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474452100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-15 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $41,897 to $54,470 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Series: 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Appointment type: Temporary - 12 Months
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCDE170937767521R
Control number: 474452100