McGuire Woods LLP Administrative Assistant in Washington, District Of Columbia
McGuireWoods Consulting has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant located in Washington D.C. supporting Senior VPs who provide government affairs services to Fortune 500 clients. Duties will include processing correspondence, maintaining calendars, scheduling, time entry, expenses, event planning, research and other duties as assigned. Position will interact with current and former elected officials on a regular basis.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (MWC) is a full-service public affairs firm offering infrastructure and economic development, strategic communications & grassroots, and government relations services. McGuireWoods Consulting is a subsidiary of the McGuireWoods law firm with offices in seven state capitols and Washington D.C. It is ranked in the Top 20 of The National Law Journal's "The Influence 50," an annual report of the top public affairs firms in Washington, D.C.
Performs time entry for assigned McGuireWoods Consulting staff
Processes incoming and outgoing correspondence as appropriate; including mailings, invitations and bills
- Processes all expense related items (invoices, reimbursements, check requests) and complete lobbyist filings per state or federal laws as applicable
- Performs administrative duties such as copying, scanning/faxing, mailing letters, etc.
- Updates contact and client list as assigned by McGuireWoods Consulting staff
- Assists with event planning and coordination
College degree preferred with 3+ years of experience at an association or legal/government affairs firm
Ability to work independently and, at times, with little direction
- Strong planning and organizational skills including ability to multi-task
- Typing 60 WPM; transcription, word processing
- Knowledge of multiple software packages, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional demeanor
- Some overtime required
* Have questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.*
Job Location: US-DC-Washington