Abt Associates Technical Specialist 11/PP Market Linkage Coordinator - Cambodia in Cambodia
The International Economic Growth Division manages projects that are pioneering new approaches to agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Specialist - PP Market Linkage Coordinator to support the International Economic Growth Division in Cambodia. This position will support the USAID-funded, five-year, Feed the Future project in Cambodia focusing on horticultural value chains. The PP Market Linkage Coordinator leads market linkage coordination and activities. S/he develops strategies toward market incentives for private sector engagement and investment for the Cambodia market. This position will be based in PCambodia.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Compile a set of market information and analysis tools companies can use for market identification, assessment and targeting
- Build and implement strategies for marketing Cambodian companies abroad and in domestic markets and for building interest and support for the marketing events.
- Cooperate closely with the component leads to make sure activities are linked across components, and cooperate with personnel for other Cambodia Feed the Future initiatives (jobs, entrepreneurs, agriculture, trade
- Development and implementation of the project/project component’s technical aspects
- Management and ongoing assessment of the project/project component’s technical aspects. Advises changes and improvements to the Chief of Party and takes responsibility for implementation
- Can serve as a Technical Advisor to the Chief of Party and other Technical Specialists to provide research, analysis, and advisory services on project planning, implementation, training, monitoring and/or evaluation
- Supervisory responsibility over a unit consisting of five staff members
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills / Perquisites
- Advanced degree in the field of business administration or agriculture
Eight years of experience building linkages between value chain actors and improving market chain coordination and/or providing capacity building to farmers and organizations on financial and business skills, new technologies, and use of market and climatic information.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key partners including Sector Management Companies, Business Associations, and Cambodian Companies.
Ability to manage subcontractors and staff to ensure results.
Demonstrated ability to assure that individuals and teams adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance and timeliness.
- Fluency in English is required
- 8+ years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.