Canyon Ranch SpaClub Administrative Assistant II -Exercise Physiology in Tucson, Arizona
At Canyon Ranch our mission is to inspire people to make a commitment to healthy living, turning hopes and intentions into the highest enjoyment of life. Every member of our team is passionate about inspiring our guests and each other to make that commitment to healthy living… and change lives forever. Our team has tremendous longevity, where more than half have been with Canyon Ranch for at least five years. Our culture is one of caring and helping, where we delight in making a difference in someone’s life. We were the pioneers in the healthy living vacations, and continue to offer a world class experience to our guests and staff every day. If you have passion and care to make a difference, please introduce yourself by applying, and learn more about our exceptional team at Canyon Ranch.
We currently have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our Exercise Physiology Department in Tucson, AZ location.
This position provides daily administrative support to the Exercise Physiology Department for the operational and strategic business aspects and projects that extend both the Canyon Ranch brand and departmental missions.
- Performs a dynamic variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Answering multi-line telephones, taking messages and/or triaging calls to appropriate person;
- Typing, designing and distributing general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, contracts, etc.;
- Proofreading copy for spelling, grammar and layout making changes where appropriate. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy; and
- Photocopying, faxing, sorting mail, processing purchase orders, check requests, invoices and expense reports.
- Assisting with generating, reviewing, and distributing various operational reports.
Manage department timecards and other related payroll duties.
Acts as a liaison with other departments, visitors and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Provides support in any health and healing administrative area to include reception/guest interactions duties as needed.
Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Health and Healing staff members. Responsible for taking meeting minutes, independent development of meeting agendas and other meeting preparation requirements.
Carries out department specific duties/projects assigned by supervisor
Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible administrative assistant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Maintains inventory of supplies for the office, going records, directories and filing systems, and oversees proper functioning of department equipment (printers, computers, fax, etc) and obtains service or supplies as needed.
Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisor according to Canyon Ranch guest problem resolution policy.
Attends job-related training, in-services and classes, as appropriate to job responsibilities.
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional education in business, accounting, communications, English or management is a plus.
-OR- _ Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position._
About Canyon Ranch
At Canyon Ranch we understand that benefits matter. We are unique in the hospitality industry in our philosophy that all staff members are encouraged to take advantage of classes, lectures, spa and fitness equipment & programs offered every day. In addition, staff members are eligible for generous discounts on services, hotels stays, products and even community partner discounts.
- Complimentary access to dozens of movement classes and lectures every day
- Complimentary access to gyms and fitness facilities
- Monthly Family Night programming for staff members to bring a guest and enjoy special staff only events presented by our professionals
- Access to wearable fitness technology and other products that motivate at our cost through convenient payroll deductions
- Staff member reduced tuition to the Life Enhancement Program in Tucson for themselves and their family members at up to 90% discount
- Medical plan with generous plan coverage at affordable contribution levels
- Dental plans that fit your needs and cover services most staff members can really use
- Pharmacy coverage for prescriptions that includes no-copay for certain medications
- Well Credit program which allows staff members to earn significant discounts on their contribution amount as a reward for living a healthy lifestyle
- Free Know Your Numbers program where staff members can learn about their own biometric and health measurements in order to make healthy choices
- Vision plans for staff members and their dependents who wear corrective lenses
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short term and long term disability plans
- Ability to purchase additional life insurance for staff members and their dependents beyond what Canyon Ranch already provides
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Lifeline Loans
Location: Tucson, AZ Resort
Division: Health and Healing
Internal status: FT
Anticipated hrs/week: 40