Northrop Grumman Staff Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, California
Staff Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: 17009607
Location(s): United States-California-Sunnyvale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Staff Administrative Assistant performs various administrative duties including the preparation and maintenance ofconfidential personnel documents, distributing mail, screening telephone calls, maintaining appointment calendar anddepartment files. Performs the following general duties:
1. Provide administrative support to Engineering Director.
2. Prepare and distribute various letters, reports, charts and forms with accuracy and neatness, etc., utilizing variouscomputer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
3. Operate and maintain various office equipment. Maintain and order office supplies.
4. Receive, scan, sort and distribute incoming mail referring only those items requiring manager's attention and answeringroutine correspondence by collecting data and composing replies for approval or signature of manager.
5. Screen telephone calls and assist visitors, relay messages and respond to routine questions.
6. Maintain appointment calendars, setup meeting schedules and reserve conference rooms. Arrange for luncheons or
refreshments as necessary.
7. Make travel arrangements, hotel/motel reservations, car rentals, etc. Create expense reports.
8. Create and maintain a department filing system to include such files as general correspondence, monthly reports,program information/reports, etc. , where knowledge of the contents of the documents is necessary.
9. Maintain a desk reference manual and a working knowledge of NG and/or department program systems, forms andprocedures to be responsive to the needs and requirements of the position.
10. Prepare and maintain various confidential personnel documents such as performance appraisals, history records, ratereview sheets, and varied payroll actions. Maintain merit schedule to ensure timely submission and processing.
This position located in Sunnyvale, CA
Five or more years of related administration experience or its equivalent, with demonstrated neatness, accuracy andability to perform assignments associated with specific position.
High School Diploma or GED.
Must demonstrate initiative and ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Staff Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: 17009607