Celgene Director, Product Marketing, Consumer/Patient Marketing I&I in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Director, US Marketing, Patient /Consumer is a key member of the Otezla Marketing team; focused on maximizing the commercial potential of Otezla by leading development of Celgene direct to consumer education materials and promotion.
Develop and implement consumer / patient strategies and tactics to increase market share for Otezla
• Lead refinement and development of consumer campaigns, messaging, and tactical plan development
• Monitor and refine consumer strategy, positioning, and messaging for Otezla
• Generate annual strategy and tactical plans based upon customer insights and brand strategy
• Work with internal and external partners to develop, manage, maximize, and measure promotional media plans
• Lead cross-functionally alignment with marketing teams, sales, public relations, advocacy, and medical
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners (medical, legal, regulatory, corporate communications, etc.) to develop materials and to obtain required approvals
• Work with Market Research to plan and execute key patient-focused market research initiatives (e.g., message testing) and to measure results of marketing programs
• Partner with internal and external Public Relations colleagues to build and execute campaigns
• Manage relationships with agency partners related to consumer marketing initiatives
• Work closely with the sales force to build close partnerships and to understand business needs
• Lead the consumer functional role for annual brand planning and other strategic planning work streams
• Play a leadership role in the development and management of department budget
• BA/BS required; MBA preferred; 5 yrs Pharma/DTC, multi-channel experience, devices, or OTC
• Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively to solve problems.
• Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong leadership and ability to influence many diverse stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure flawless execution.
• Extensive experience with legal, regulatory, and medical review processes.
• Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues. Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments.
• Strong project/process management skills combined with managing multiple tasks/effective prioritization.
• Successful candidate should have minimum 10 years of experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries including at least 5 years in brand management or related marketing role, specifically with experience in direct to patient marketing. Experience in marketing rheumatology / dermatology products preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate Celgene Corporate Values through passion for the patient, courage to face our challenges and the unknown, trust in our words and our actions and excellence in delivering exceptional results.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Director, Product Marketing, Consumer/Patient Marketing I&I
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17001191