PNC Market Risk and Loss Prevention Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100582 Mkt Risk & Loss Prev Mgr
Manages a team of risk/loss staff. Oversees coordination of the procedures and operations for addressing fraudulent and suspicious bank activity and branch operational deficiencies. Manages and coordinates the day-to-day functions of the staff's strategic, procedural and operational risk and fraud/loss processes.
Provides effective leadership, education, coaching and consultation for business segments' risk, fraud/loss/operational policies, procedures, initiatives and programs. Directs staff responsible for recognizing risk, fraud/loss and potential operational activities.
Defines and implements standards and practices for operational risk controls. Monitors operational processes to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, which is accomplished by research, reviewing reports, site inspections, etc.
Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to fraudulent/suspicious activities and operational procedure deficiencies where appropriate.
Monitors the design and implementation of policies and procedures to improve operational functions, prevent fraudulent activities and to recover any incurred loss.
MO - St. Louis
Market Risk and Loss Prevention Manager
Line of Business:
MO101 - PNC Center - Clayton
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
MO - St. Louis
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of industry-relevant experience. An operations or production environment position typically requires 2 years of previous managerial experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Working Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Job Specific Competencies:
Fraud Detection and Prevention - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
Operational Risk - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Coaching Others - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Matrix Management - Extensive Experience
- Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across department, functional, and geographic reporting lines.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a Market Risk and Loss Prevention Manager within PNC's Operations organization, you will be based in the St. Louis market.