MVP Health Care Commercial Specialist, Marketing and Communications in Schenectady, New York
The Specialist, Communications and Marketing works as part of an integrated team designed to provide cross-functional communication and marketing expertise to the business. Overall team objectives include but are not limited to: identifying, developing and utilizing the most appropriate communication vehicle(s) to reach the targeted audience; create, plan and provide communication solutions designed to help retain existing members and acquire new membership; and to use communication and marketing tools and solutions to expand our brand exposure. Individual job responsibilities include: Developing communications strategies, Ongoing planning of communication needs, Implementation of communication tasks using different mediums of communication, Managing the flow of work to ensure it is completed on time and within budget, Monitoring and optimizing communication efforts through interactions with the business and customers, Providing analysis and reporting as required, Managing the flow of work to ensure work is completed on time and within budget. Performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related-field.
Equivalent amount of education and directly related experience may be considered.
2-4 years’ experience in Corporate Communications and/or Marketing.
Experience in the health care industry and product knowledge strongly preferred.
Line of business expertise (Medicaid, Medicare, and/or Commercial plans) preferred.
Digital Marketing and Communication experience preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office software: Word/Outlook/PowerPoint/Excel
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
• Experience producing final files that image properly to print, experience with press checks a plus.
• Excellent communication skills including - written, verbal and interpersonal.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
• Able to occasionally work irregular hours and be available for occasional travel.