Cabela's ATF Compliance Administrative Assistant - Full-Time in Rogers, Minnesota
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Full-Time ATF Compliance Administrative Assistantat our Rogers, MN retail store.
Position Overview: This position performs administrative duties related to compliance of federal, state, and local firearm rules and regulations; as well as ensures adherence to Cabela's related policies and procedures. Performs general clerical duties such as data entry, error resolution and other bookkeeping duties. All job tasks are assigned to provide a legendary customer experience for every customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acquire all incoming firearms including but not limited to: purchases, trades, vendor directs, and intermediaries. All acquisitions must be completed within a structured time frame and follow ATF standards with accuracy and efficiency. Acquire incoming firearms purchased, traded, or otherwise according to ATF standards with accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely disposition of all firearm sales, holds, layaways, repairs etc. Proof read 4473s for errors prior to filing and relay error information through the ATF Admin Scorecard to appropriate business partners.
- Responsible for ensuring resolution is attempted with customers in the event there is an outstanding error on any related ATF forms by following detailed ATF F 4473 Error Correction Process.
- Responsible for maintaining backup log of multiple handgun sales, maintain completion and filing of all department paperwork and responsible for maintaining BATFE log books as required for repairs and consignment firearms.
- Responsible for assisting with physical receiving of firearms.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate reporting including, but not limited to: ATF trace requests, 4473 error reporting, biannual bound book, check and balance gun exception report, monthly audit reporting, PEB audit, late arriving gun report , and time to crime reporting (quarterly).
- Responsible for administrative duties including, but not limited to: ordering ATF forms, office supplies, and print shop supplies.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Ability to use good judgment and logic. Have a keen attention to detail and be highly organized (required)
- Ability to work with highly confidential information (required)
- Extensive firearms experience and knowledge
- Hiring preference is given to those with prior ATF Compliance knowledge and at least six months to one year of related field experience.
- Offering Legendary Customer Service involves this position having access to be able to run programs that access the customer’s unencrypted credit card, to be able to retrieve unencrypted cards for handling mail in returns, CLUB Visa Cards when customer is on site and left cards at home, research transactions for lost receipts, etc. With this said, this position requires the ability to access customer information including unencrypted credit cards.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family,andemployee discounts.
Auto req ID: 38505BR
Posting Title: ATF Compliance Administrative Assistant - Full-Time
Department: GUN COUNTER
Location/Division: Rogers MN - Retail
Req Type: Non-Exempt