Cabela's Human Resource (HR) Administrative Assistant in Reno, Nevada
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Part-Time HR Administrative Assistant at our Reno, NV retail store.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for maintaining the overall function of the office and performs general administrative and clerical duties such as: answering incoming requests, maintaining filing system, and word processing various documents and reports. Respond to labor system questions and training needs; gather issues and assists in maintenance of all Human Resource functions and programs in the areas of employee relations, employment, wage and salary administration, policy administration, and records management. Constantly involved with highly confidential information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure proper usage of software; maintain and ensure integrity of store data: hours of operation, employee skills, JDA sales mapping updates. Provides support of the selection of new employees including arranging interviews, screening applicants, and writing and placing advertisements as necessary. Assists Human Resource Manager/Specialist in the training of new employees.
- Prepares various correspondence including: memos, facsimile transmissions, letters and policies. Prepares various reports and spreadsheets. Completes necessary paperwork and enters information into computer system regarding employee status changes, department changes, job title changes, pay rates, benefit enrollment, etc. Assists Human Resource Department in the training of new employees. Maintains department filing system to ensure availability of information when needed.
- Compiles information for audits, legal inquiries and government agencies. Assists in employment screening (criminal background checks and prescreen drug tests).
- Verifies that all incoming documentation (i.e. performance appraisals, disciplinary action) meets department standards and legal specifications, and follows-up with appropriate person when needed.
- Maintains effective day-to-day contact with employees and management to insure harmonious employee/company relationships. Answers employee questions and serves as an information resource to employees regarding policies, compensation, benefits, and all other applicable programs.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Skill in operating various office equipment, including telephone, photo copier, computer, facsimile machine and calculator (required)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (required)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and legislation (preferred)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid clerical exprience and at least one to two years of Human Reources field experience.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family,andemployee discounts.
Pay Grade: 8N Apply Online:www.cabelas.jobs Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
Auto req ID: 38506BR
Posting Title: Human Resource (HR) Administrative Assistant
Department: WEST DIVISION HR
Location/Division: Reno NV - Retail
Req Type: Non-Exempt