Microsoft Corporation Marketing Technologist / Marketing Automation Specialist in Redmond, Washington
Love the idea of using technology to drive marketing, and revenue? Do you thrive off a fast paced environment where you can help blaze a trail and make an impact? Want to help lead the marketing transformation using technology at Microsoft? Well this role might be for you! The Cloud and Enterprise (C&E) Modern Marketing Platform team is looking for an extremely talented Marketing Technologist to help drive its B2B marketing executions across its portfolio of products. You’ll be partnered with an ace team of other marketing professionals, in a POD model, that have a variety of skills (campaign management, content creation, design, email, web, demand generation and others) to drive buyers to make the right choice, Microsoft!
You will be responsible for:
• Work with marketers to help them understand and implement the full power of our marketing technology stack to drive buyers towards Microsoft, with a big focus on highly coordinated marketing campaigns.
• Work on a virtual team with other marketing professionals (campaign managers, content creators, designers, email builders, web, demand generation etc) aligned to one or more products within the C&E portfolio to help them build, implement, and execute marketing to drive business results.
• Using a slew of amazing marketing technologies to accomplish your goals including Marketo, Certain, ON24, Optimizley, Ion Interactive and many more!
• Possibility of exploring new areas of marketing technology including usage of bots, interactive content, real time personalization and more.
• Consults on complex usage of marketing technologies to create buyer experiences that drive the business
• Help ramp up, train, and mentor other marketing automation technologists within the group and at the company
• Create emails, landing pages, forms and reports within the marketing automation platform, including templates for use by others within the marketing function
• Create landing pages and run the technical aspects of webinars with ON24 or other webinar software product
• Create nurturing and scoring programs to support the marketing organization
• Documents marketing automation platform processes, programs and procedures
On this team we value:
• Learning, developing, and growing careers. We learn from our own experiences, formalized training, others at on the team (and extended teams), and through thought leaders and conferences. This allows us to make bigger impacts and grow our careers.
• Willingness to fail. This goes to the prior point. If you’re not failing you’re not trying hard enough, and not learning enough. We celebrate these failures as much as we do our successes.
• Innovation with empowerment to execute, and a path to scale. Marketing technology is evolving quickly. Trying new things, scaling them out across the world if they work is core to our success.
• Going beyond tactical execution. Execution is a part of the job, but we want to look beyond that and provide the business with insights and input on how they can be doing things better. And then go execute on these improvements.
• Working hard, having fun, laughing and supporting each other. We all spend a big chunk of our life at work. We should be with a group of people we enjoy and can have fun with.
• Self-starter, ambitions, eager to dive in and learn and get work done
• Huge desire to learn and expand skill sets. The B2B marketing technology world is changing rapidly, and we have to learn to keep up.
• Ideally have background in programming, or computer science, or accounting, or finance, or math
• Desire to use the latest and greatest technology to drive best in class B2B marketing effort
• Strong verbal and written communications
• Big desire to improve process and make things more efficient
• Strong data evaluation skills, with ability to extract and interpret data
• Organized with strong project management skills
• Advanced spreadsheet skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in computer science, marketing, business, accounting or math
Plusses (but not required)
• Exposure to or knowledge of marketing automation technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Marketing