Gerding Edlen Marketing & Leasing Agent in Portland, Oregon
In 1996, Mark Edlen and Robert Gerding created Gerding Edlen with the vision to approach real estate with the singular focus of creating places for people. They were committed to creating, developing, operating and owning vibrant properties where residents could live, work and learn. This original vision remains—guiding Gerding Edlen and positioning it as a national leader in sustainability. Gerding Edlen has evolved to include expertise in investment management and property management, further adding value to its properties throughout the ownership cycle. Looking to the future, Gerding Eden continues to create exceptional places that will improve our communities, environments and lives.
As the Marketing & Leasing Agent for The Indigo @ Twelve West, one of Portland's most prominent mixed use properties, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle of recruiting and leasing apartments to potential residents for the building.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partnering closely with internal Marketing team to drive marketing initiatives (social media, networking, advertising, etc.) for various properties, to source prospective residents.
- Meet and greet prospective tenants to show property, explain terms of occupancy, provide information about amenities and neighborhood and determine availability based on individual needs and desires.
- Implement successful sales and leasing strategies, matching solutions to individual needs that results in leased apartments. This includes negotiating lease terms, and preparing and review appropriate lease documents and forms.
- Assist with resident event coordinating which includes community outreach/partnering paired with company goals and demographic diversity.
- Maintain records of leasing, move in/out activity and property availability.
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following Fair Housing regulations.
- Assist the General Manager in the operations, maintenance, and administration of the building.
- Compute applicable lease charges and receive payments according to property controls.
- Conduct market surveys, maintaining current knowledge of current market, rents and promotions, building/company policies and security practices.
- Create advertisements that describe building amenities and available apartments, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
- Assist existing residents with day to day questions and needs.
If the following details describe you, please consider applying:
- Ability to successfully build rapport with potential residents, gaining their trust and respect quickly and easily.
- Ability to diplomatically and skillfully negotiating conversations and influencing decisions, winning concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ability to successfully lease apartments, while maintaining the reputation of the company.
- Self-motivated, with a drive for results, successfully meeting and exceeding goals.
- Customer focus – dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect.
- Thorough knowledgeable of the market and competitors, sales techniques, and innovative marketing techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and externally.
- Proficiency with of MS office, and the ability to successfully and easily navigate the internet.
- Strong planning and organizing skill, with the ability to efficiently manage administrative elements of property manage, including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, successfully resolving problems in a timely manner and with limited direction.
- Ability to successfully build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally, finding common ground and solving problems for the good of all.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in a customer service environment.
Gerding Edlen is a medium-sized development, investment management, and property management firm located in Portland's Pearl District. We provide a full suite of benefits to eligible employees, including 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance. If interested, submit your resume and cover letter via the link provided.