Marriott Vacations Worldwide Director of Marketing in Palm Beach, Aruba
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation assistance provided.
Must be an Aruban citizen or have a valid work permit to work in Aruba.
Develops and implements programs that will generate Membership leads. Develops, coordinates, and manages advertising materials and events. Builds relationships with and manages the work of external vendors (e.g., advertising agencies). Evaluates cost and performance data for lead generating programs and implements solutions to enhance the generation of Membership leads. Participates in the performance management and coaching of the marketing workforce, and provides support for any issues they may have.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in English
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Work weeks in excess of 40 hours
- Work in close contact with the general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong communication and customer service skills
- Travel 20% to 50% of the time (for certain positions)
- Adapt to different cultural contexts based on location
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Developing & Executing Marketing Strategy
- Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations, site goals, and forecasts for appropriate activities.
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence (e.g., marketing programs/campaigns) to assist in the enhancement and development of current and future marketing strategy.
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
- Manage and coordinate with marketing and advertising resources on new initiatives to increase production in channels.
- Plan and participate in member events.
- Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted numbers.
- Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations and implement solutions.
- Develop relationships to build a network (e.g., Off Property Contact [OPC], brokers, associates, member referrals) useful for developing sales leads.
- Contribute to development and review of print ads, online ads, and other marketing materials (e.g., audio/video presentations, billboards, events, activities, collateral, signage, seminars and special in‑house functions).
- Plan and coordinate off-site events.
- Conduct performance and cost analysis of past programs/events (including budget considerations and contractual provisions) and make recommendations to improve and enhance future programs/events.
Maintaining, Analyzing, & Communicating Key Reports
- Use reports on individual and team production performance (e.g., daily lead report, site daily flash).
- Conduct competitive market analysis (e.g., marketing cost by channel and effort).
- Monitor Budget versus Actual Results (BUVARS) by department and channel and prepare summaries of results for management (e.g., site, regional, and sales and marketing leadership).
Managing External Relationships
- Negotiate contracts and work with vendors.
- Manage relationships with public relations and ad agencies.
Managing Relationships External to Marketing
- Interact with team members from the finance, accounting, and legal disciplines to resolve issues appropriate to those functions.
- Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
- Build partnerships with resort operations, hotel linkage, OPC vendors, etc, where applicable.
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
- Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
- Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g., way-to-go letters, personal bests, top three per channel, top volume-per-guest [VPG], attendance, special contribution, top three total packages).
- Provide on-call support to associates when not on site.
- Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work related) brought forth by team associates.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing activity (e.g., state marketing matrix, national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
- Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
- Maintain any invoicing and expenses to include purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Understands and abides by state and federal regulation around all sales and/or marketing activity (i.e. Do Not Call Lists, State registrations, Exemptions, etc).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled