True Manufacturing Sales and Marketing Internship in O'Fallon, Missouri
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. Our products are known for their outstanding longevity, dependability and value.
As a privately owned business, True has the unique ability to adjust swiftly and decisively to market trends, employ new strategies for meeting our customers’ needs, and address the increasing demands for social responsibility in the manufacturing process. At True, we are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
The True Residential Sales and Marketing Department performs all functions related to the promotion of the True Residential consumer product line. This includes marketing activities such as tradeshows, events, media planning, digital strategy, collateral development, pricing and competitive analysis, as well as the support of field sales force and customers. The purpose of this internship will be focused in both the strategic and product marketing side, with specific initiatives and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop a competitive audit and presentation of major brands and their current digital marketing and print campaign strategies.
- Participate in regular meetings with PR Agency, as well as internal marketing team to review current and future strategy on marketing initiatives.
- Tracking social media and website analytics, along with developing metrics to understand traffic and impact.
- Collaborate with marketing team on photo shoots and video development for new products and new marketing collateral.
- Participate in regular training of products to help better understand the positioning of the True brand in the current market.
- Develop understanding of media budget and allocation as it relates to both print and digital.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing team to update website using current CMS system.
- Work with the creative services team on video process from start to finish for product videos, such as True 30 inch columns, custom finishes and others.
- Develop the True Home bi-annual publication from inception. This will entail working with both the Creative Services Department and the Marketing Team on developing layout, content, highlights from the first half of the year, along with other key insights in order to serve as a recap and brand highlight book that will be distributed to key dealers throughout the country.
- Work to develop content for the digital marketing strategy that was recently developed and given a calendar and brand identity.
- The candidate will work directly with the Brand and Marketing Managers to develop, schedule and promote content on social media and will also connect this with digital content that lives on the website.
- A final presentation to be completed on the True Home Magazine.
- A final review of the social media strategy and plan for the remainder of the year should be presented.
- A final presentation on a video project to be selected will also be requested.
- Basic product knowledge and understanding of benefits to consumer.
- Full time student, pursuing a Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, advertising, marketing or similar field required.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs, as well as Keynote and Adobe Professional.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong presentation skills and copy-writing skills preferred.
The duration of this internship will be 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, May to August.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen and background check required upon hire.
Posted: April 20, 2017