McDonald's ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in Oak Brook, Illinois
The New Restaurant Development and Modernization Legal Team is comprised of lawyers and other professionals who provide legal services and support to McDonald's U.S.A. LLC's USRD Department and twenty two Regions across the U.S. The team provides legal services focused in the area of new McDonald’s restaurant development in the U.S, and the legal approval process for rebuilding and modernizing McDonald’s existing restaurant buildings.
The New Restaurant Development and Modernization Legal Team has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant.
Under supervision of McDonald's attorneys and/or paralegals, performs administrative duties to support the legal functions associated with the work of the New Restaurant Development and Modernization Legal Team.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• High School Diploma Required
• A minimum of three years prior administrative experience required in real estate
• Project management experience a plus.
• Advanced level of proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
In addition to following McDonald's policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Core Administrative Support:
• Basic understanding of and ability to identify various real estate documents.
• Responsible for intake, assignment of and tracking of client legal clearance requests.
• Receive, organize and manage record and file requests and deliveries.
• Assist attorneys and paralegals to track and obtain consents from third parties.
• Process invoices and obtains appropriate authorization for payment.
• Answer telephone calls, take messages, and responds to routine inquiries.
• Send courier and e-mail correspondence to customers and clients.
• Type, proof, copy and distribute correspondence/legal documents.
• Track and respond to incoming calls and letters from external customers.
• Receive, organize and distribute incoming documents for principals.
• Draft letters and responses to handle routine correspondence.
• Establish, organize and maintain files, records and electronic data banks.
• Make travel arrangements for principals.
• Ability to work in team environment as well as the ability to work independently.
Critical Global Competencies:
• Able to work and communicate effectively with professional-level individuals.
• Able to handle a large volume of matters
• Use technology appropriately.
• Understand team's goals, contributes to the team's success by being an active participant and promotes a shared responsibility for achieving results.
• Participate in the training of new employees within the department.
• Lead the team in the use of and application of software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Team Connect, TRIRIGA, etc.
Critical Legal Competencies:
• Demonstrate professional integrity. Exercises good judgment in handling sensitive information.
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate software packages.
• Communicate information effectively in a clear and concise manner.
Legal Real Estate Administrative Assistant