University of Notre Dame Administrative Assistant in Notre Dame, Indiana
The Administrative Assistant supports the Academic Department Chairs and Assistant Chairs, providing general office and project support.
- Administrative Support: Distribute mail, maintain files & supplies, respond to emails from the Department Chair, Assistant Department Chair, faculty, students, Mendoza College of Business (MCOB) staff, benefactors, campus & off-campus departments. Maintain department calendar, schedule meetings, relay messages, process course overrides, facilitate RPT process, CIF updates, analyze data and prepare reports. Facilitate special projects at the request of the Department Chair and/or Assistant Department Chair.
- Seminars & Special Events: Coordinate board meetings, award receptions, tailgate parties, department socials, department Christmas parties and retirement receptions. Coordinate guest speaker events: travel logistics, reserve MCOB room for the event. Order set-up/clean-up meals and snacks.
- Financial: Process department-related bills, make deposits, monitor department P&P; and faculty RPA expenditures, reconcile budget accounts. Process expense reports for faculty, recruits and guest speakers.
- Faculty Recruiting: Prepare correspondence, organize the visit schedule, travel arrangements, hotel stay, dinner reservations, realtor tours, on-campus events, process reimbursement requests. Assist with paperwork for new faculty hires. Work with on-campus resources to assist with visa and immigration paperwork processes.
- Faculty Support: Process computer equipment orders, reservations, expense questions.
- Graduation:Coordinate with Undergraduate Advising Office to confirm list of graduates, review phonetic pronunciations of student names, prepare reader cards, assist with Mendoza graduation ceremony. Coordinate student award ceremonies by ordering trophies & plaques, requesting award checks, maintain event RSVPs, organize venue and meal, compile event agenda.
- Digital Administration: Maintain department website and social media accounts. Update brochures and newsletters, maintain syllabi archives by collecting syllabi each semester and forwarding for archival process.
- Student Services: Coordinate hiring of student workers for faculty and Department Chair Office. Utilize student jobs application to assign students to a particular position. Monitor and approve student hours in Ultratime. Serve students by guiding them to the appropriate faculty member, MCOB department or on-campus department to resolve issues and provide answers on inquiries.
- Associates degree or up to 3 years of college or technical school OR equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of business practices and standard office procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to work with the public in a pleasant manner.
- Prior experience with accounting or finance with account analyses.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong knowledge of software programs such as Adobe Acrobat, Gmail tools, Banner, Concur and Interfolio.
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
8:00 until 5:00 Monday through Friday nights and weekends a few times a year for special events
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Management (34040)
Department Website: Mendoza.ND.edu
Family / Sub-Family: General Admin / Dept Admin
Career Stream/Level: NIC 2 Coordinator
Department Hiring Pay Range: $12.36 to $16.10 per hour
Pay ID: Bi-Weekly
FLSA Status: S3 - FT Non-exempt Hourly
Job Category: Office/Clerical
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Hours/Week: 40
Schedule: # of months: 12
Job Posting Date (Campus): 07/17/2017
Job Posting Date (Public): 07/17/2017
Job Closing Date: 07/30/2017
Posting Type: Open To All Applicants
Posting Number: S17625
Quick Link for Internal Postings: http://jobs.nd.edu/postings/9513