Capital One Services, LLC Sr. Manager-Capital Markets in New York, New York
Job ID: R26628
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager-Capital Markets
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. We're proud to tell you that we've been named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" - we hope you join us today.
- Drive financial strategy projects identified by the office of the CFO and leaders within Treasury and Balance Sheet Management
- Contribute to the execution of the Firm's top financial priorities and strategic initiatives
- Incorporate knowledge of competitor best practices into proposals and recommendation
- Create financial models on profitability and balance sheet and perform to deliver deep insights
- Monitor industry trends and share insightful reports and news articles with the broader team and executives
- Develop and present communication materials to senior leaders
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Create and/or contribute to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical background in Finance with the ability to provide insightful solutions for complex business problems
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of banking industry and competitive landscape
- Can effectively prioritize multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills - people management experience preferred
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
4+ years of experience in FIG equity research or Corporate Finance
2+ year of people management experience
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or Financial Engineering
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree of Finance or Financial Engineering
At least 6 years of experience in FIG equity research experience
At least 3 years of working knowledge of bank balance sheet management concepts including profitability, capital, interest rate risk, funding, liquidity
At least 3 years of working knowledge of banking regulatory environment
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license CFA or FRM
At least 2 years of experience in Fixed income modeling
At least 2 years of experience in valuation
At least 3 years of people management experience
Deep knowledge of banking industry and strong communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.