Aon Corporation Senior Marketing Director, Investment Management in New York, New York
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Marketing Director, Retirement & Investments
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marketing team in Chicago or New York City.
Your Impact As A Senior Marketing Director, Retirement & Investments
Aon, a global leader in human capital solutions, is seeking a marketing strategist and organizational change agent with investment industry expertise and a proven track record for delivering successful marketing campaigns.
The Senior Marketing Director for Global Retirement and Investment is a key member of the marketing leadership team reporting to the SVP of Global Marketing and Communication while also serving as a key member of the Retirement and Investment leadership team with accountability for developing and executing strategic marketing plans for Aon s Retirement and Investment business.
Working with thought leaders and business leaders, the Senior Marketing Director is charged with creating alignment across the organization and maximizing marketing s impact through focused, multi-channel marketing campaigns that help build Aon s brand awareness among key targets, create demand and accelerate growth, and ultimately accelerate the sales cycle for our portfolio of Retirement and Investment solutions. As a result of this alignment and strategy, the Global Retirement and Investment business will have accelerated growth in established businesses and will experience growth in asset advisory solutions.
The Senior Marketing Director will also work on corporate and cross-business initiatives to help drive Aon s overall position in Retirement/Investment, Health, and Talent through brand awareness and client activation opportunities.
* Cultivate a deeper understanding of the Retirement and Investment industry and Aon s current position relative to competitors along with our long term opportunity in this space.
* Partner with product, sales, public relations and communications teams to build strategic and integrated marketing plans that capitalize on the market opportunity and position Aon in a compelling and distinctive way among key targets.
* Utilize a broad range of marketing vehicles to achieve business growth objectives including digital media, thought leadership, sales enablement, events, and public relations.
* Effectively build relationships with key resources including creative teams, marketing operations, agencies and junior team members to develop and manage needs-based campaigns and deliver optimal results.
* Actively align with Aon brand strategy, messaging and deployment.
* Prepare and maintain marketing dashboard to track, analyze and communicate results. Lead analysis and diagnostics to continuously refine marketing mix and enhance performance.
* Build and manage marketing budgets to maximize marketing Return on Investment (ROI).
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Marketing degree and 10-15+ years of marketing experience and/or investment industry experience as a marketing professional.
* MBA preferred
* Demonstration of commitment to ongoing professional development and mentorship.
* Ten to 15 years of professional b-to-b experience leading a diverse and distributed marketing team; global experience is a plus
* Five plus years of Investment industry experience
* Five to 10 years of advanced experience with product line or business unit management strongly preferred
* Formal leadership experience overseeing a complex marketing budget
* Demonstrated success influencing C-level executives and cross-functional leaders
* Strong background in business analytics, measurement and dashboards
* Demonstrated skills in messaging and positioning offerings
* Experience developing thought leadership to enhance a company s reputation in terms of expertise and innovation
* CRM knowledge with Salesforce.com experience a plus
* Demand waterfall implementation and management experience a plus
* Cross-functional leader with a strong background of effectively managing a matrix leadership model and working across multiple P&Ls and functions to establish buy-in for go-to-market strategy
* Executive presence and demeanor when working across all levels of the organization including with senior leaders
* Goal-oriented with strong business acumen and presentation skills
* Strong leadership and decision-making skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects, programs, and directives as well as translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
* Ability to listen, interpret needs and communicate complex solutions in a simplified way
* People management, including the ability to grow and manage a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2017-12378
LOCATION: United States, NY, New York
Employer's Job# 2017-12378
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.