American Express Senior Manager, US Regional Marketing Analytics in New York, New York
About the Division
Global Information Managementis AXP’s enterprise-wide group that includes data platforms, Big Data development, Analytics, Decision Science, Data Privacy and Data Governance. The team aims to centralize AXP data, democratize access for all users, and optimize platforms for accelerating innovation, driving speed to market, and enabling efficiencies. Our world-class analytics teams apply rigorous, solution-oriented analyses and modeling techniques to attract and retain customers and improve marketing effectiveness for the GMS and GCP businesses.
About the role This position sits in the Merchant Campaign Measurement team and supports analytics for GMS Marketing and Enterprise Digital partners. The MCM team drives value by creating merchant-ready campaign measurement solutions, transforming those solutions into best-in-class reporting products and consulting with Marketing teams on campaign design and actionable insights. The role of the Senior Manager, US Regional Marketing Analytics, is to own analytics that illuminates what happened during a merchant’s campaign. Specifically, this Senior Manager will conduct marketing campaign analyses, in partnership with an India Center of Excellence team, for campaigns in the U.S. region. In addition, this individual acts as a product owner for automated reporting for specific channels and will be charged with maintaining and enhancing those reports in partnership with our capabilities and Agile tech teams. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a healthy combination of marketing acumen and strong knowledge of SAS, who enjoys working with customers and who is looking to drive merchant value in the GMS organization. If you possess such skills, drive and enthusiasm, I encourage you to apply!
Additional responsibilities include: • Consulting with the local marketing teams in the GMS US market to understand merchant needs, developing analytics frameworks, executing upon and presenting insights & findings from those analyses. • Managing a dynamic pipeline, operations and delivery of custom campaign analytics in partnership with an India Center of Excellence team • Owning the end-to-end automated reporting product for GMS direct mail, email and Amex.com channels. This includes maintaining and prioritizing a product backlog and owning the user experience for automated reporting using Tableau as the visualization tool.
· Strong analytics background with advanced knowledge of SAS and SQL programming required
· Direct experience in marketing campaign measurement - knowledge of multi-channel marketing including digital, mobile, direct mail, email, above-the-line, and multi-merchant marketing
· A passion for working with data & analyzing consumer behavior
· A strong customer service orientation and experience working across band levels.
· At least 4 years of work experience in an analytics and/or consulting role (internal or external)
· Experience automating and scaling information products
· Experience in realizing customer needs through product innovation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Tableau, Hadoop, Hive, or Python is a plus
· Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, operations research, economics, engineering equivalent preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Job Customer Infomation Management
Title: Senior Manager, US Regional Marketing Analytics
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 17007622