DBI Staffing Marketing Analyst in New York, New York
We are looking for a outstanding Marketing Analyst to support the Chief Marketing Officer and head the US organization’s marketing efforts. This role includes implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence, drive topline revenue efficiently and at an acceptable cost, project and manage key KPIs, and help build the Cherish Life brand to be the leader in the direct to consumer insurance business.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for the job, a comfort with working in a start-up, fast paced environment, and the skills to employ a variety of marketing techniques to grow the business. She/He will be a skilled marketer who can execute, with strong analytic skills and comfortable being accountable for day to day business results.
The goal is to grow the company’s business quickly to drive long term value for shareholders.
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including DRTV campaigns, digital marketing, PR, and social media
- Working closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with quality leads and the information/data to maximize profitable sales
- Guiding the day to day activities of marketing including lead generation, agency management, creative development, and interfacing with the sales team
- Managing the marketing and acquisition budget and allocating resources
- Managing to KPI targets
- Working closely with the product management team to define marketing materials and programs.
- Periodic analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Oversee daily, weekly, and monthly reports on leads, profitability, and KPIs
- Executing Cherishlife.com’s content updates and social media feeds and providing direction to improve online lead conversions and conversion rate
- Executing or using third parties for market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data to influence product development/refinement/pricing.
- Oversee execution for new advertisements to support our growth and branding goals
- Oversee various lead channels to deliver the required quantity and quality of leads into the call center to achieve business targets across multiple channels
- Ensure appropriate new business “Acquisition Plans” are in place for the short, medium and long term delivery against agreed Plan (budget) – see below for definition of “Acquisition Plan”
- Participate in decision making and strategic discussion for broad business planning, projects, investment decisions and strategy
- Manage database profiling to deliver a world class customer management program, including segmentation that assists with the prospecting, conversion, and retention of customers
- Ensure all marketing activity is conducted within the legal, regulatory and compliance frameworks of the organization
“Acquisition Plan” is the process of determining, agreeing and setting, the appropriate new business sales deliverables (Premium and Units) in relation to the total direct acquisition costs (Sales costs & Marketing costs) to deliver against the agreed budget.
There is a short term (next month), medium term (next quarter) and long term (next year) view of this activity.
CMO, Director of Advertising (Open), CFO, Group CEO, Group head of Acquisition, Head of Sales, Head of Operations, Head of Product/Compliance, UK office staff.
Occasional overnight travel around the USA will be will be required.
Skills & Experience
- High influencing skills
- Extensive direct marketing experience in mass media (not just direct mail) is a pre-requisite
- Strong commercial and business acumen, including financial, P&L management and analytical and technical modelling
- Broad based marketing experience particularly in direct and digital marketing
- Call center and sales knowledge
- Life Insurance industry knowledge is highly preferable but not essential
- Stakeholder management and influence at a senior manager level
- Strong excel and analytic skills
- Proven experience as Marketing Manager
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current online marketing techniques and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude
- Sense of humor preferred
We are seeking an exceptional consumer marketing talent with an extremely strong commercial focus and results based marketing background.
It is a pre-requisite that this individual will be detail focused, working alongside and adding technical marketing value to staff in their work. They will have extremely high numerical, analytical and financial ability. They will be comfortable having their opinions and work challenged and able to present logical, commercially based marketing & business plans. They will be highly opinionated and confident and able to back up with logical argument. They will be participating at the highest levels of a consumer marketing led business. They should also enjoy working collaboratively and having fun.