Bank of America Global Markets Risk Senior Manager in New York, New York
The role is for a risk manager to cover the bank's Global Rates, G10 Foreign Exchange, and Global Financing and Futures businesses. The Associate will have broad involvement with and responsibilities across the various desks and products within these lines of business. The risk manager is responsible for making himself aware of all significant exposure, and for performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of all material positions and risks. He/she assesses a broad spectrum of risks, predominantly market risk but also operational, credit, and counterparty risks should these types of risks exist. Assessing liquidity and the possibility of liquidity drying up under certain market conditions is particularly important.
• Identify and analyze all significant exposure across the lines of business, regionally and globally, and ensure that senior management are kept informed about the exposure.
• Monitor and report positions against risk metrics and limits. Liaise closely with the businesses to detail exposure, risk limits, and any overages.
• Assess the global macro environment and identify upcoming developments and events (e. g. macroeconomic changes, central bank decisions, elections, policy changes) that may impact the desks’ positions and p&l. Establish scenarios for these events and stress-test the books to determine whether the portfolio could incur material losses. Communicate with the desks how to improve the books’ risk profiles.
• Help enhance the risk infrastructure and the design and production of risk reports.
• Ensure that exposure are fed to and captured by the bank’s risk systems and risk methodology.
• Assist in regulatory risk reporting such as CCAR, point-of-weakness, and high risk exposure
• Review risks related to non-standard or structured trades and new products. Liaise closely with the business and other support functions to determine the nature and size of risks and ensure they are within the firm’s risk appetite.
• Opportunity to work on key projects for the market risk organization together the front office and other partner groups; represent market risk in cross function projects for larger scale system changes and migration
• Contribute to the development of the risk team and to the positive work environment
Required Job Skills:
The candidate must have a keen interest in financial markets and risk management and should have the following attributes:
• Excellent knowledge of interest rates and foreign exchange products and markets, and highly developed understanding of portfolio risk dynamics; experience with credit and funding exposure would be advantageous
• Good understanding of macroeconomic and political developments and their impact on financial markets, in particular on global rates and fx markets; good understanding of interdependencies between different asset classes, especially how these may change during a market crisis
• Willing to analyze exposure and risk reports in-depth daily and follow-up on significant changes
• Strong mathematical skills
• The team is located on the trading floor. The successful candidate must be able to build strong relationships with the business while maintaining independence. He/she must be able to handle disputes, negotiate with traders, and does not shy away from enforcing difficult decisions.
• Highly motivated and willing to work long hours
Posting Date : 04/19/2017
Location : US-NY-New York
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.