Marsh & McLennan Cos Field Marketing Manager in New York, New York
This position leads all aspects of marketing activity for assigned region/market by driving the creation and delivery of effective marketing plans that will impact the region's agreed upon client revenue growth targets. Works in partnership with Market Leadership Teams to execute and provide insight on progress and/or direction.
* Works in a consulting capacity with Region Leadership Team (RLT) and Market Leadership Team (MLT) to help prioritize target markets, develop initiatives, and allocate required resources. This includes allocating and monitoring marketing spend with support from Finance and the alignment with regional and line of business strategies.
* Works with RLT and MLT, to shape targeted, compelling value propositions and marketing-driven sales campaigns.
* Works with RMD team to develop and integrate marketing plans into sales plans. Develops and implements localized marketing programs that drive client retention and revenue growth.
* Partners with RLT, MLT, Marketing leadership, Sales, Client Managers, Relationship Managers and Finance to measure and track effectiveness of marketing spend.
* Works with Marketing Research, RLT, MLT to better understand clients, the marketplace, competitors, and macro trends in order to develop key insights.
* De monstrates ability to grow client revenue by directly contributing to market or region's profitability.
* Supervises two or more employees as direct reports, typically up to 4.
Has full authority for the following people management responsibilities:
* Assigning, directing and evaluating work
* Hiring, disciplining and firing employees
* Conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions
* Approving salary and bonus actions
Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
* Bachelors' Degree in marketing or finance
* 7 to 10 years in a marketing leadership role with a professional services or sales organization
* Proven leadership skills to help form and direct regional/local marketing teams
* Business minded marketer with financial acumen; strong excel skills
* Sales orientation to support critical link with client-facing and sales professionals
* Good project management skills with strong orientation toward execution and implementation
* Proven ability to influence and serve as strategic thinker to senior management
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.