Thomson Reuters Director, Regulatory & Market Structure Propositions, USA in New York, New York
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This role will report into the Head of Regulatory & Market Structure Strategic Response & Propositions. It will focus on a broad range of the most material regulatory initiatives and market structure changes in North America.
The Regulatory & Market Structure Strategic Response & Proposition team is responsible for identifying, defining and executing new growth opportunities (and protecting existing revenue where relevant) across the Financial & Risk business in response to regulation and other market structure changes that impact Thomson Reuters and its customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify regulatory initiatives and market structure changes that create opportunities and risks which impact Thomson Reuters F&R and our customers
- Define the strategic response to these opportunities and risks in order to drive growth and / or protect revenue in the context of our broader business
- Execute on the strategic response by working with proposition owners to ensure a compelling and coordinated response plus work with GTM as subject matter expert to help define market messaging and support go to market plans
During the identification and definition of potential regulatory and market structure initiatives, the successful candidate will partner with proposition owners and team members across sectors to evaluate and prioritize prospective opportunities based on market trends, value to the client, commercial opportunity, and Thomson Reuters’ strategic positioning. As strategies and propositions are defined, the candidate will also play an instrumental role in the production and execution of agreed plans through the horizontal team (cross-functional delivery team including product management, development, service, admin & billing, sales & marketing, etc), especially where the proposition suite in response to a market opportunity spans multiple proposition owners (e.g. across Investment & Advisory, Wealth Management, Trading, Enterprise, and Risk & Supply Chain). Proposition definition will not only include gathering internal and external feedback and requirements, but also collaborating on pricing models, input to support model and working with sales and marketing on ‘go to market’ plans.
This position requires a strong understanding of financial regulations, market structure, customer impact, and overall market and competitive dynamics. It also requires experience ideally in market data and/or value added financial content.
- Monitor and interpret major regulatory initiatives and changes in market structure that impact Thomson Reuters in order to identify opportunities and risks for the Company.
- Leverage “voice of the customer” to assess opportunity attractiveness and define product or proposition. This will require close engagement with proposition owners and sales teams as well as direct market validation.
- Lead relevant sections of our regulatory content business strategy / plans and partake in prioritization decisions across sectors and other stakeholder groups.
- Partner with relevant proposition managers on agreed business cases in order to define opportunities in terms of TR strategic positioning, value to the client, commercial opportunity for TR (including quantification of market size, economics, time and cost to deliver)
- Where an opportunity includes a strategic investment or partnership element, perform due diligence on prospective target(s)/partner(s)
- Help ensure that individual propositions reinforce an overarching approach to market, creating a compelling and coordinated strategic response to regulatory changes.
- Working with Market Development and Marketing, as a subject matter expert to help define market messaging and help on go to market plans for new propositions as part of a broader regulatory story.
- Provide regulatory and market structure subject matter expertise to customer facing staff, engage in customer and third party discussions as necessary, and participate in external events and conferences to build Thomson Reuters brand credibility.
- Strong business and regulatory commercial experience in financial markets (cross-asset experience an advantage)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to credibly interact with proposition teams, customers and other key market participants (regulators, industry bodies, third party partners, etc)
- A collaborative individual with the ability to work within and across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters process
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Product Management Family Group
Organization: *F&R CP Enterprise Proposition & Product
Title: Director, Regulatory & Market Structure Propositions, USA
Location: New York-New York-New York-3 Times Square
Requisition ID: JREQ074209