CannonDesign Administrative Assistant in New York, New York
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our New York City office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will provide a high level of administrative support to assigned leaders and office staff. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare AIA contracts.
- Type and format letters, memos, transmittals, minutes, presentation materials, reports and other documents using advanced features of Word and PowerPoint.
- Follow through accurately on assigned administrative tasks such as scheduling activities, coordination requests for meetings.
- Assist in the completing of expense reports.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site meetings and events, including meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Arrange for off-site meeting space.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Gather and coordinate information and assist with research.
- Provide back-up reception desk coverage when needed.
- Order office supplies.
Associate degree in business or administrative office professional studies plus a minimum of 5 years of experience working as an Administrative Support professional required. Experience supporting executive leadership strongly preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must. Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint necessary. Experience with Deltek Vision or other accounting software, as well as experience with InDesign or other graphics software, preferred. Notary Public preferred. Architectural, Engineering or Construction industry experience a plus.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
City: New York, NY
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job ID: NYCADMINII1017