Discovery Communications Ad Sales Marketing Manager in New York, New York
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Requisition ID 18142
Career Category Advertising Sales
Posted Date 7/16/2017Location US-NY-New York City
Type Company Employee Full-TimePosition Summary:
The Manager, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing is responsible for the initiation, development, execution and overall management of Ad Sales marketing activities for Animal Planet (APL). This position requires the ability to represent DCL when dealing with clients.
1. Demonstrate creative, open-minded thinking and approach to developing 360 marketing opportunities for advertisers.
2. Work with Brand VPs, Partnership Planners and management executives to identify and execute value-earned ad sales deals.
3. Development of multi-platform, integrated partnership deals for clients across various DCL Networks.
4. Create post-sell recap presentations to merchandise all executed partnership marketing elements for clients.
5. Maintain strong working relationships with internal DCL divisions as well as external groups (promotional agencies, etc.) to drive incremental revenue via the successful sell-in of multi-platform partnerships.
6. Handle client-based projects as necessary (such as assisting with client integration on-set at program shoots).
7. Oversee aspects of the SNAC, SAVED database for assigned network sponsorships.
8. Manage budget for costs related to marketing elements associated with advertiser partnerships.
9. Sustain in-depth knowledge of consumer and media/marketing industry trends in order to help create unique partnership offerings that differentiate Discovery Communications from competitive Networks.
* 5+ years of relevant integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing, client side marketing).
* Bachelor's Degree in business, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience is required.
* Understanding of digital/social platforms
* Proven ability to develop creative and unique opportunities to meet advertiser objectives.
* A clear understanding of the importance of client service.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral (strong presentation skills are a must).
* Be able to work independently, detail oriented, attentive to deadlines, have outstanding customer service skills, possess initiative and have proven project management skills (organizational, managing timelines, selling ideas/proposals).
* Ability and willingness to travel * Must have the legal right to work in the US
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.