Vanderbilt University Associate Director of Short Programs and Marketing, Executive Education (Owen) in Nashville, Tennessee
Associate Director of Short Programs and Marketing, Executive Education (Owen) (Job Number: 1701153)
Associate Director of Short Programs and Marketing
Executive Education at the Owen Graduate School of Management
About the Organization:
The Executive Education program (business unit), established in 1991, offers short programs, certificates, online and custom education experiences for practicing managers in a wide array of industries and topics. Business acumen, innovation, strategy, change management, operations, negotiations and leadership are relevant interest areas for many of our clients. With 25 professors, 30 custom clients, and 25 annual short programs, our top priority is exceeding our clients’ expectations for learning impact, value and relevance.
About the Position:
This individual will serve as a key contributing member of the Executive Education team, developing their own portfolio of clients while collaborating on joint interests in short program development and marketing.
This position is responsible for establishing a marketing plan, objectives, strategies and tactical marketing efforts that will fuel rapid growth. This position will provide marketing expertise, oversight and execution at all stages of the sales funnel: generating awareness; driving inquiries, leads and registrations; establishing upsell and referral programs for repeat purchases. This individual will be primarily responsible for the B2C effort and will support the direct sales team for the division’s B2B effort.
This position reports directly into the Executive Director of Executive Education but will work closely with Owen’s Centralized Marketing and Communications team and Director of Custom Solutions to ensure seamless coordination of efforts and full use of school-wide marketing infrastructure.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
· Identifies and develops short programs in line with market needs.
· Establishes a comprehensive marketing plan for the business unit including promotional activity, content creation, video production and advertising.
· Engages clients in ongoing discussion about their business, understanding the client’s unique business circumstances, challenges, learning and skill needs, and their ability to address those needs in-house versus with an educational partner.
· Creates strong partnerships with Owen faculty and engages them in discussions about how to apply their expertise and research to serve client needs; builds faculty enthusiasm for, and commitment to, working with Owen.
· Designs and sells complex learning engagements, iterating with clients and faculty and employing a wide range of frameworks, tools, and methodologies. Achieve an annual sales target for Short Programs in each fiscal year as established by Executive Director and Dean.
· Oversees short program execution, together with Program Management and Faculty, to ensure that client needs are met, and to capture learning for continuous innovation. This includes also the coordination and supervision of external resources with creative work.
· Contributes to Owen’s global brand reputation as a unique and distinctive provider of executive education.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
· A consultative sales and marketing professional with at least 5 years of experience. Experience in selling solutions into the Director, VP or C-Suite levels of HR and Business functions is preferred; experience with general leadership, leadership communications, talent management, strategy and innovation solutions in the education space is especially relevant.
· Competence in planning and executing a comprehensive marketing plan.
· A drive for excellent results demonstrated by a track record of developing new business.
· Previous experience building a business or expanding an existing one.
· A proven track record of achieving annual revenue assignments of $1M+.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Ability to speak with an appropriate level of business acumen and literacy at each level of an organization, specifically to the Director level and above.
· An innovative problem-solver; ability to listen to a client’s issue, assess the situation and develop an effective solution that aligns with their needs.
· Strong relationship building skills, both internally and with clients, to create long-lasting relationships; will work closely with the OGSM Marketing & Communications team.
· Exceptional communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
· A collaborative team-player with a positive, can do attitude.
· Ability to travel within the region, and occasionally internationally.
· Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree is preferred / MBA.
Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Owen Graduate School of Management
Organization: OGSM Executive Programs 125427
Job: Professional and Managerial