FirstService Residential Administrative Assistant in Miami, Florida
Property Location: Miami, FL
This position provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services. Performs office work directly related to property management and the general business operations of the association; May assist with employee payroll, budget preparation, control of records and reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc., and emergency service duties.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as time-and-attendance records, terminations and new hires.
- Ensures that the telephone is answered properly and messages are handled courteously, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Initiates preparation of Management Reports, committee reports, meeting notices as applicable and submit for Manager's review and approval.
- Maintains, updates and coordinates resident information in computer database at a minimum on a monthly basis. Generates and provides this information to the Property Manager, Board of Directors and valet desk.
- Maintains roster of mailroom boxes.
- Keeps track of insurance certificate requests. Maintains insurance records books for both vendors and unit owners.
- Maintains supply closet. Requests all office supplies and equipment, following established purchasing procedures.
- Opens and distributes mail, prepares accounts payable invoices with work orders and receiving tickets. Stamps and code invoices for P.M. to code and approve.
- Prepares move-in packages for re-sale and leases. Creates files, compiles sand coordinates all necessary information and documentation for new owners/leases.
- Sets up meetings for Board Approval process.
- Keeps packages updated with new memos and policies as required.
- Prepares any resident information packages that require Board approval, (i., e., Architectural Modification).
- Coordinates receipt of closing statement or warranty deed to put in the file and send to corporate A/R to change name and address for maintenance coupons.
- As applicable, disburses laundry tokens, keep log of sales. Prepares deposit of receipts weekly. Order tokens and prepare packets. Keeps track of token inventory for re-ordering.
- Maintains inventory of common areas keys, transmitters and key fobs for residents and re-order as needed following established procedures. Maintains log for sales and cash purchases as needed.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties as required.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Associates degree with concentration in business preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong administrative background.
- Three (3) to Five (5) plus years of related work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, office management and communications skills.
- Self-starter with excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service and telephone skills.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Windows software.
- Intermediate proficiency in
- Ability to prioritize work with minimum supervision.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
- Required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours, weekend, and attend Board meetings as required.
- Driving when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Special Requirements/Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 14 ft on A-frames and 21 ft on extension ladders)
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 50 lbs occasionally to complete assigned job tasks.
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Maintain a valid Florida driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled