Microsoft Corporation Partner/Channel Marketing Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
Partner/Channel Marketing Manager
The Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world. The Regional Marketing Manager designs and implements a strategic regional marketing investment plan in partnership with the Regional Channel Executive, develops and executes co-marketing campaigns and initiatives in order to drive shared business objectives between Microsoft and our Partner accounts and to achieve revenue and scorecard targets. The scope of the position is to maximize the impact of marketing investments across both consumer and commercial segments through partner activities, while supporting individual business objectives across our Windows (including IoT), Server and Microsoft Office portfolios.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Strategic Planning (35%)
• Represent Microsoft as the strategic marketing lead across all levels of the Partner organizations. Articulate and land Microsoft’s short and long term marketing strategies, approach, and programs; negotiating maximum value for Microsoft while striving for high Customer/Partner satisfaction all along the way.
• Oversee the design and implementation of our Partner marketing plans at the regional and subsidiary level to ensure business impact is maximized in a fully compliant manner. (MNA and Marketing lead create the plans at local level)
• Orchestrate the regional implementation of the CDS Division’s marketing investment programs with our Partners.
• Develop and land a Regional marketing strategy aligned with region partner BDMs priorities, and ROI monitoring, in support of the sales strategy.
• Ensure marketing plans are built and executed in alignment with the strategy.
• Identify and drive regional partner-specific marketing opportunities.
• Understand WW and regional competitive landscape.
• Work very closely with regional channel executive in aligning strategy and priorities with sales priorities.
• Lead programmatic definition of highly targeted investments and campaigns, working closely with partner to help execute, sharing best practices and successful strategies.
Business Operational Excellence (10%)
• Deliver excellence in budget planning and management, owning the rhythm of business checkpoints both internally and externally to ensure shared metrics accountability and proactive course correction as needed.
• Help land and execute key experiential and transactional marketing campaigns with our Partners to drive sales across our product portfolio as well as enable and empower the field execution team with the right amount of strategic guidance and coaching.
• Drive business management excellence in managing all marketing investments.
Cross Group Collaboration (35%)
• Working closely with local contacts (marketing managers, channel executives) to manage investments and campaigns
• Become the customer advocate for our Partners within the CDS division and the Windows Business Group, evangelizing their products, marketing plans, initiatives, and results to cross-organizational stakeholders, as appropriate.
Insights and Analysis (20%)
• Identify trends in partner and competitor activity to anticipate long-term needs as well as potential risks in order to propose appropriate creative marketing solutions as needed. Tackle complex marketing challenges and problem solve using solid business rationale.
• Uses advanced data research to find customer and competitive insights that are not self-evident and that inform scenarios and/or marketing strategy.
• Tests insights to validate authenticity, extensibility, and predictability.
• Creates new quantitative marketing models that valuate, prioritize, and target segments, audiences, and programs.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• The ideal candidate should have a combination of OEM and or channel/partner ecosystem experience, experience working deeply with partners, great interpersonal and communications skills; ability to define a vision, set goals, objectives and work across virtual teams and across Microsoft organizations to achieve specific, well defined outcomes. Experience with both consumer and commercial channel marketing.
• Candidates should possess 5+ years of senior marketing experience, have an outstanding track record of results, and can demonstrative critical thinking. MBA preferred.
• Experience in specified Markets.
• Strong leadership presence as well as presentation and public speaking experience is a must as well as experience and comfort in negotiations at the senior executive level.
• Digital marketing experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication ability with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with partner accounts, account/segment marketing teams, and Microsoft product/marketing groups.
• Strategically focused - anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action - while being able to focus on achieving concrete business results through marketing execution during the fiscal year.
• Understands how to get things done, demonstrates organization agility to overcome obstacles, and achieve objectives within and across groups
• Creatively develops original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
• Customer focused, responsive, and action oriented to meet customer needs while maintaining a positive, professional image of Microsoft.
• Passion for technology and Microsoft products.
• This position requires domestic and international travel (approx. 30% of the time).
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Must be able to successfully complete company background check.
Microsoft is an equal employer opportunity (EEO) and strongly supports diversity in the work place. Microsoft does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation and or individual with disabilities.