BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee VP Market Development in Memphis, Tennessee
This position is the senior ambassador to businesses and community based organizations in the Memphis area. This position is responsible for business and community relations and promoting brand recognition. It is designed to interface with the company’s sales and account management functions. It will require a direct interface with key business leaders and decision makers as well as local government’s entities and staff.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with stakeholders, state/local government officials, and cultivate and maintain relationships with community leaders.
- Responsible for business coalition relationships.
- Assess market potential and identify new business synergies.
- Collaborate with peers on a regular basis to establish best practices, consistency where appropriate, and accomplishment of overall business goals and objectives.
- Lead representative for the Memphis Regional office.
- Promotion and coordination of employee engagement at the Memphis regional office
- Aggressively interface with businesses, state and local governments, as well as community organizations and associations to promote the BCBST brand.
- Supports Marketing Leadership Team in developing and negotiating business agreements with potential vendors.
- Assist the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Sales on the approach to potential business opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations regarding community relations initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HealthCare Management, or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 10 years of experience in the health insurance/managed care arena required
- 5 years’ marketing strategy experience required
- A broad knowledge of the Memphis community including government, business and not-for-profit organizations.
- Solid understanding of our Tennessee healthcare industry including local political environments and business decisions necessary to be successful in the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community leaders.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and customer relations skills.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills.
Job Specific Requirements:
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, if tobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.