Sunovion Associate Director, Managed Markets Marketing, Neurology in Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Associate Director of Managed Markets Marketing will provide support in the development of Managed Markets strategies and tactical plans. This individual will collaborate closely with Brand Marketing, Account Directors, Institutional Sales, Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory, Commercial Analytics, Medical Affairs, Field Sales Management, and Sales Training to ensure development of optimal payer marketing strategy and resources. This individual will also be expected to keep senior and corporate executives informed about changes and emerging issues in the broad, managed customer environments and the subsequent implications for Sunovion.
Job ID: 6039BR
Department: Managed Markets
Location: Marlborough, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities: The Associate Director of Managed Markets Marketing will provide support in the development of Managed Markets strategies and tactical plans. This individual will collaborate closely with Brand Marketing, Account Directors, Institutional Sales, Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory, Commercial Analytics, Medical Affairs, Field Sales Management, and Sales Training to ensure development of optimal payer marketing strategy and resources. This individual will also be expected to keep senior and corporate executives informed about changes and emerging issues in the broad, managed customer environments and the subsequent implications for Sunovion.
Essential Functions: • Work with cross-functional partners (Account Directors, Brand Marketing, Sales, Medical, Legal, Commercial Analytics and other key internal stakeholders) to develop comprehensive payer strategies and tactics that align to the marketing objectives. Liaison to the brand and field.
• Support development of a compelling payer value proposition that communicates clinical, economic and value-based attributes of Sunovion brands to key payer segments and channels. Evaluate and execute as appropriate digital health assets (i.e. real-world continuous monitoring, adherence devices, etc..) to “go beyond the pill” in the development of the overarching value proposition.
• Manage agency and vendor relationships to develop promotional programs and tactics aligned with the payer business plan.
• Develop and execute new indication and/or launch plans.
• Support business development activities through landscape analysis, understanding of access drivers and competitors, and evaluation of likely payer response.
• Develop and maintain a thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of the dynamics driving the various managed markets segments and channels including Commercial Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Exchanges, Trade, Integrated Delivery Systems/Systems of Care, Accountable Care Organizations, Long Term Care and other Institutions.
• Work with internal and external segment and channel experts to identify leading trends, channel dynamics and translate to impactful access programs for our brands.
• Design and conduct research with key customer segments to aid in the development of sound managed markets business strategy.
• Collaborate closely with Medical Affairs/HEOR to ensure payer related endpoints are captured in pivotal trials/HEOR studies for eventual use with pharmacoeconomic decision-makers.
• Effectively manage budgets and project timelines.
• Represent Sunovion with key external customers.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelors
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Knowledge & Skills (General and Technical): • Minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, with experience in at least two of the five areas: Managed Care (Payer or Channel) Marketing (priority), Brand Marketing, Account Management, Pharmacy, Long Term Care or Integrated Delivery Systems/Systems of Care. Hands on experience launching new indications or brands.
• Comprehensive understanding of US healthcare system including providers, payers (public and private) and influencers.
• Analytic skills including experience in conducting research, data mining, modeling, or contract analysis.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to identify problems and barriers and quickly assimilate information to develop actionable and effective solutions.
• Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed environment.
• Results oriented with excellent analytic, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions with appropriate consultation with supervisor.
• Ability to multi-task and achieve results within identified timelines.
Other Requirements (Licenses, Certifications, Specialized Training, Physical or Mental Abilities Required):
Confidential Data: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters is considered confidential.
Compliance: Achieve and maintain Compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal and operational rules and procedures, by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sunovion are carried out with the "best" industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a computer for extended periods of time.
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer
Sunovion is committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.