Schneider Electric Regulated Markets Associate in Louisville, Kentucky
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Based in Louisville, Ky., Schneider Electric’sEnergy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division addresses clients’ diverse energy and sustainability management needs. Experts within the division provide integrated solutions to meet clients energy supply, demand and sustainability challenges. With an expanding global footprint, Energy & Sustainability Services includes a team of more than 2,000 energy professionals in offices around the globe.
*Position Summary: *
Responsible for research and analysis of regulated markets in a specified geographic area. This includes ongoing and in-depth research of utilities, regulatory bodies and opportunities in assigned market area. In an effort to keep clients/accounts optimally positioned, the Associate will proactively seek, identify and recommend savings opportunities related to rate choice, service level, tax exemption, power factor, rebates, incentives, etc. Furthermore, the Associate will respond to triggering events by performing necessary analysis. **
Integrity: Interacts effectively with other disciplines, companies, utilities, transporters, regulators, and internal and external clients.
Flexibility: Responds promptly to changes in marketplace. Adjusts readily to changes in direction, customer demands, work priorities, while working to achieve corporate goals.
Initiative: Analyzes changing market and customer conditions and initiates appropriate response. Takes responsibility; self-motivated.
Creativity: Proposes new ways to challenge status quo, comes up with new ways of executing, new products/services, etc.
Decisiveness: Identifies issues, obtains and analyzes relevant information, draws valid conclusions, leading to effective decisions which are consistent with mgmt strategy and practice.
Orderliness: Practices effective time management and efficient organization of information to achieve established goals.
- Learn processes tasks and tools needed to perform competently in the Regulated Market Analyst function.
- Create and maintain rate libraries for designated geographic assignment (to include rate requirements, rate schedules, as well as utility summary and highlights).
- Perform site and account level analysis related to rate choice, level of service, power factor, meter aggregation, voltage upgrades, etc.
- Perform regulatory research and analysis related to tax exemptions, rebates, incentives, etc.
- Manage variances and exceptions elevated by Data Review Team.
- Aggressively resolve discrepancies with utilities due to incorrect billing.
- Formally convey recommendations in clear, concise, and professional manner; effectively communicate Schneider Electric’s expertise to internal and external clients.
- Develop and maintain current Utility Profiles.
- Prepare market specific Regulatory Updates on behalf of the regional team including timing studies, fundamental analysis and technical analysis.
- Shadow in utility renegotiating efforts.
- Continuous research of market areas for designated geographical assignment.
- Perform ad hoc analyses within natural gas and electric power regulatory markets.
- Mentor and assist in training new employees in proper analysis processes.
- Adhere to Schneider Electric’s analysis processes.
- Meet Schneider Electric’s client-specific data needs (hard copy files and database).
- Meet Schneider Electric’s work-flow tracking needs
- Miscellaneous Corporate Projects on an “as needed” basis
Essential skills and qualifications:
Must demonstrate strong analytical skills, including ability to understand complex rate structures and independently obtain resolution on billing discrepancies
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Commitment to excellent customer service internally and externally
Must work well in a team environment and be able to build relationships with diverse groups and individuals
Intermediate to proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products
Ability to think outside the box in identifying new ideas to enhance/incorporate Schneider process/deliverables and to enhance efficiencies
High commitment to company vision and values
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Technical and functional knowledge including extensive knowledge of utilities, rate structures, taxes and other energy services
A growing company with a positive industry reputation
Recognized leader in a market where energy services are in demand
Entrepreneurial company with a positive corporate culture
Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
Benefits which include 401(K), Bonus Plan, health, life, dental, vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and more
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: US-Kentucky-Louisville
Unposting Date: Sep 16, 2017, 11:59:00 AM
Req ID: 003NRN