Discovery Communications Director - Ad Sales Marketing in Los Angeles, California
Requisition ID 17735
Career Category Advertising Sales
Posted Date 5/17/2017
Location US-CA-Los Angeles
Type Company Employee Full-Time
Lead an Ad Sales Marketing team that manages concept through execution of Auto, Studio and Tech custom solutions, sponsorships and value earned marketing opportunities across all platforms.
• Drive full funnel project management throughout the solution process
o Manage workflow across direct reports and be actively involved in cross portfolio AST Marketing Solutions projects
o Liases with Ad Sales, VP, Partnerships, Network Marketing/BE and additional stakeholders based on business needs.
• Ability to represent DCI with clients and their agencies
• Responsible for the management and development of direct reports
1. Manage team to deliver best in class custom marketing solutions and provide the highest level of client service to internal and external stakeholders
a. Maintain strong working relationships with internal DCL divisions and Network Marketing teams as well as external agencies and clients.
2. Directly responsible for cross portfolio solutions for Auto, Studios and Tech categories
a. Manage multiple projects under, often times, short and competing timelines
3. Provide both strategic and tactical marketing recommendations to VP, Ad Sales Marketing & Solutions
4. Demonstrate colloboration, inclusiveness and transparency across the larger organization by being an active participant in internal meetings with Network Marketing, BE, Sales, etc.
5. Team captain for national Ad Sales Upfront—Solutions Marketing team and project timelines and production of all Upfront materials, including tapes, collateral, events, signage, promotions, and trade advertising for Auto, Studios and Tech categories
6. Proactively manage all Solutions Marketing spending, measure ROI where possible and report monthly budget status for AST Marketing Solutions to VP.
7. Manages a total marketing budget of over $3MM+ annually
* Successful candidate should have a minimum of 8-10 years marketing management experience, preferably within network/cable, advertising agency and/or partnerships background
* Strong working knowledge and experience in digital marketing
* Prior creative management, production and budget management experience
* Candidate should have proven managerial experience
* Capable in working across time-zones and managing a cross-country team
* Experience managing outside vendors (advertising agencies, promotions agencies, research companies, multi-media producers, etc.)
* Successful candidate should possess excellent oral communication skills, including presentation and selling skills as well as a strong leadership presence.
* A college degree is required; an MBA is a plus
* Travel 25%
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.