Amazon.com Corporate Counsel, AWS Sales and Marketing in London, United Kingdom
We Pioneer - Amazon's EMEA Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial lawyer based in London, to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. This Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS's EMEA sales and marketing team, and report into the EMEA regional counsel in London. The successful candidate will be fluent a European language in addition to English, and will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service and licensing agreements with enterprise customers and partners and provide legal support for local and regional marketing initiatives. Typical transactions will range from standard AWS Services contracts to complex, high-dollar-value strategic alliance agreements. The role includes participating in other Amazon.com legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
Admitted to practice in an EU country
• Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience. More experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and services agreements.
• Strong transactional background, with drafting and negotiation experience and understanding of data protection and competition law issues a plus.
• In house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group
• A background in software licensing (including open source), web services/cloud computing or telecommunications is a plus.
• Experience with complex procurement processes (including government) is also valuable.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
AMZR Req ID: 547420
External Company URL: www.amazon.com