AbbVie Senior Manager, Marketing in Lake County, Illinois
The CREON Senior Marketing Manager will lead the brand strategy and tactical execution for the Consumer customer segment. This individual will engage in the development of the brand strategy and tactical initiatives in partnership with key cross functional partners (marketing analytics and business intelligence, CE, clinical development, medical affairs, medical and regulatory review, OEC, and legal) and the strategic agency of record.
The Senior Marketing Manager will define the digital media strategy for both DSA and branded consumer initiatives, along with consumer / patient promotional materials utilized in-field. The SMM also provides leadership and execution excellence for all components of the two CREON patient support programs, CREON On Course and CF Care Forward. This role is instrumental in the leadership of key strategic partnerships with organizations such as the CF Foundation, Boomer Esiason Foundation, and CFRI. The Consumer SMM is responsible for providing strategic direction to guide the Abbvie CF Scholarship and other public affairs initiatives.
Job Description Key Job Responsibilities for the CREON SMM position include but are not limited to:
1. Highly effective people manager and leader focused on people development, real-time coaching and promoting innovative learning environment.
2. Work effectively in a high paced, integrated brand team based environment.
3. Collaborate with Marketing Director and integrated brand team to develop brand strategies and execute tactical initiatives to ultimately maximize CREON sales, market share and profitability.
4. Work with cross functional partners to enhance brand messaging and strengthen promotional claims within the label.
5. Work with cross functional team to generate and analyze Consumer data/insights to continue to evolve and improve patient segmentation and tactical execution. 6. Set strategic direction for agencies and manage projects and agencies within time and budget parameters. 7. Assess market dynamics and competitive activities for EPI / PERT market. Develop market shaping strategies. 8. Work with the CE / MABI teams to define a strategically targeted and efficient media plan to reach key customer segments and embrace “test and learn” opportunities to explore new channels. 9. Establish a highly effective collaborative working relationship with the GIC sales leadership team and PAE team to ensure that field insights are heard and incorporated into marketing tactics as aligned to the brand strategies. 10. Effectively communicate brand vision, strategy and objectives to internal cross-functional partners and sales leadership to drive brand business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA highly preferred
- 5 years of relevant brand marketing experience; consumer marketing experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Proven people leadership and development experience
- Relevant experience managing patient support programs and digital media
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and its application to marketing strategy and tactical execution
- Strategic and tactical planning experience
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix organization to drive alignment to brand objectives
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 1706781
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled