Microsoft Corporation Sr. Program Manager (Sales and Marketing IT) in Issaquah, Washington
The Global Marketing Operations organization is a high-performing team of professionals who specialize in marketing strategy, analytics and execution services. The GMO is the primary interface between the global marketing community, corporate marketing business owners, and MSIT. The GMO Marketing Analytics & Reporting team leads the discipline of 360 customer centric reporting and analysis connecting customer interactions from marketing touches through to tele sales and marketing generated pipeline. This includes traditional customer journeys originating from both digital sources such as paid media, organic social & search and emails from traditional database marketing, both in the consumer and commercial space.
As Microsoft transforms into a modern marketing environment, our scope has expanded to include customer journeys through marketing automation engines that enable Microsoft to have much more relevant conversations and touchpoints with our customers, and to listen to our customers? more intently to better serve the actions they want to take next.
The Marketing Analytics & Reporting team has the charter to look end-to-end across traditional and modern digital and commercial marketing execution engines through to lead routing, tele-sales, pipeline, and ultimate sales and seat transactions and provide unified views of the customer journey and insights to the teams as to where we can improve our conversations with our customers.
This role and team has a unique and diverse set of skills that range from deeply technical knowledge of BI systems, big data, data modeling, data acquisition, system design, taxonomy & metrics definition, understanding of multi-dimensional clickstream, Excel data visualization, client facing stakeholder management, performance driven digital marketing, and Microsoft business strategy.
We are responsible for interfacing with individuals and teams across Microsoft including the product marketing teams at corp, field marketing teams, other internal BI and analytics teams, and MSIT engineering teams to define and deliver end-to-end data solutions to support marketing analytics & reporting experiences back to the business.
This role is responsible for contributing to and driving delivery of the following:
1) End-to-end data, analytics, and data solution and services strategy including execution plans and partnerships across Microsoft for the most robust customer view including:
a. End-to-end customer journey data sets and attribution from upper funnel through marketing automation to lead generation and pipeline to sales.
b. Multiple audience data sets including operations, marketers, tele-sales & sales teams.
c. Executive level through deep dive experiences from aggregate to individual customer or tactic level execution data sets.
2) Connected marketing to sales, attributing marketing to final sales transactions to achieve net new cost per acquisition and life time value of the customer measures
3) Customer centric data platform bringing marketing response data together with customer transactions, product usage and consumption, support interactions, related product purchases, interaction with other channels (retail, partner, commercial), commercial customer attributes, etc…
Summary of position:
In this role, you will partner across groups both in Microsoft corporate and around the world to put data into action. This is a multi-faceted role that encompasses requirements gathering across Microsoft’s many product marketing teams, sales teams & operations to build comprehensive data solutions that enable optimizing Microsoft’s conversation with its customers. You will interface directly with internal clients to gather business requirements and clarify business questions and build rich data sets to support analysis dashboards and provide expert intelligence for internal/external customers. You have a unique balance of deeply technical skills in the marketing analytics space well as digital marketing execution and client service experience.
• Product Management Microsoft Marketing Analytics
• Client service and coordination across multiple teams at Microsoft to gather current-state information & future-state requirements.
• Roadmaps, plans, and strategy for key deliverables on Marketing Data Solutions
• Tracing end-to-end customer journeys across multiple flows from direct transactions within a single session to multi-touch, multi-engine facilitated marketing journeys through tele-sales and enterprise sales channels.
• Current and future state GAP analysis
• Data modeling progression
• Partnering closely with the data team and reporting consumers to ensure the data model supports the reporting visualizations required
• Subject matter expertise across all relevant, modern marketing execution engines and data sources from paid media, marketing automation, CRM, and social
• 5+ years of experience managing technical projects with multiple resources, preferably using Agile methodology
• 3+ years of experience using and/or implementing complex business intelligence and reporting capabilities
• 5+ years of successful leadership of large diverse product and global field teams
• Intermediate level proficiency in SQL, relational databases and big data
• Technical understanding of Marketing and BI platforms (CRM, SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint, PowerPivot, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Information technology (IT) & operations