ViaSat, Inc. Direct and Database Marketing Manager in Denver, Colorado
Direct and Database Marketing Manager
We are a global broadband services and technology company that securely connects consumers, businesses, governments, and military to the internet — anywhere in the world – whether on the ground or in-flight. Imagine contributing to award-winning innovations in high-capacity satellites, secure ground infrastructure, and satellite and Wi-Fi communications services. That’s what enables ViaSat to extend the reach and accessibility of broadband internet, globally – and if that excites you, you might be the right fit for our Marketing Organization.
We are looking for an analytical and energetic Direct & Database Marketing Manager to join our team. In this role, you will define, execute, manage and analyze our direct marketing acquisition programs. While primarily focused on direct mail, you will collaborate with our analytics, marketing automation, digital marketing, media and data teams to identify target prospects and define addressable market segments across a variety of data sources and tactics.
You have a strong data-driven marketing background, with an emphasis on managing and measuring campaign results. You thrive by driving a test-and-learn process to discover and optimize new direct marketing ideas, growing the entire marketing mix. You are hands on, and find it exciting to help shape the vision of the team. You enjoy building the systems/processes/metrics as the company expands into new verticals, both domestically and internationally, as you will serve as the in-house direct marketing expert.
• Lead the creation of direct marketing programs (modelled direct mail, pre-new mover, retargeting, look-a-like and other cross-channel tactics) in partnership with both internal cross-functional teams and outside agencies
• Own, manage, and strategically grow our direct mail program, including simultaneous campaigns with overlapping timelines, from ideation to execution
• Work with the data team to develop effective targeting models through the use of internal and external data sets
• Manage all operational aspects of direct mail and data agency partnerships including: test design, lead management, execution, analysis, reporting, budgeting and invoicing
• Develop quarterly test and learn calendar for iterative improvements to targeting and creative performance
• Test (A/B, hold-out, multivariate) to optimize performance, with an emphasis on the use of control groups to accurately measure the incremental impact of marketing initiatives
• Partner with internal marketing and agency analysts to monitor and analyze performance; implement optimizations and learnings to improve results
• Present findings to the broader team and executives on a quarterly basis
• Be on the forefront of direct mail and other database marketing trends, especially as they relate to subscription services
• Proactively seek innovative, new media solutions to test, and present business-cases for those opportunities to senior management
• Manage and coach marketing coordinator/specialist
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a quantitative field
• 5+ years of experience, including 3+ years of direct mail marketing campaign management experience
• Results-oriented self-starter who is confident in voicing his/her critical thinking abilities
• Experience managing vendors and/or agency experience
• Versed in emerging targeting practices utilizing first-, second- and third-party data sources and understand how to integrate these methodologies to expand acquisition marketing tactics
• Familiarity with CRM and Marketing Automation platforms, preferably Salesforce and Marketo platforms
• MBA or similar Master’s degree preferred
• Experience with / knowledge of SQL a plus
ViaSat offices are located in Englewood, a centrally located town within the Denver Metropolitan area, just south of Denver.
If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, ViaSat might be a fit for you! It only takes a few minutes to apply. So, what are you waiting for?
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.