ResCare Medical Administrative Assistant in Brooklyn, New York
Title: Medical Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Medical Administrative Assistant.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Medical Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Schedules entrance physical examinations within PRHdesignated time frames.
- Schedules and/or tracks appointments for all medicalservices.
- Tracks student compliance and notifies appropriate staff offailed appointments.
- Compiles and distributes medical appointment passes;completes procedures for student accountability and attendance.
- Compiles data from Medical and Dental staff to preparerequired monthly and quarterly reports; distributes accordingly.
- Types of miscellaneous memorandum, letters, and otherdocuments as assigned.
- Reviews and terminates student active medicalrecords based on Daily Separation List.
- Types and processes student medical separation packets.
- Other duties as assigned
Three to six months of related experience is required, as well as some knowledge and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Typing skills and some knowledge of medical terminology is necessary.
High School Diploma or GED. One-year certificate in a clerically related field from a college or technical school preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
One year certificate from a college or technical school.
Must have Medical Assistant Certification
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities youmay also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, VisionBenefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
585 Dekalb Avenue , Brooklyn, NY 112054902 USA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.