Amazon.com Marketing Management - Intern only for MBA Campus Hires. Applicable for current batch on campus (Referrals not accepted) in Bangalore, India
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions.
About the Role:
Marketing Management Intern
As a Marketing Intern, you will identify, evaluate and define the content and media, through which you will engage with and influence our target segments. You will be responsible for planning, executing and measuring the performance of our offline marketing campaigns across India. You will create marketing content for multiple channels to reach our target segments to drive demand. The channels can be email, print, events, B2B and affiliates.
• Drive demand for Amazon Services products by planning and executing different offline marketing campaigns with different stakeholders across the organization as well as external agencies.
• Improve the performance of all call to action mediums.
• Find new avenues for generating demand through unconventional marketing techniques.
• Develop, execute, and analyze creative test plans for different marketing channels and iterate through these to achieve the best possible performance.
• Synthesize, analyze and report marketing campaign metrics. Basic Qualification and Skills Required • Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce required.
• Work experience is preferred (2 – 4.5 years)
• Experience in driving demand through traditional offline marketing activities like events, advertisements, snail mail, flyers, etc.
• Ability to develop content and collateral with the right messaging
• Experience in negotiating media plans
• Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
• Technical ability in using HTML and Excel, plus the ability to learn in-house tools quickly
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Strong communication skills: experience in coordinating teams and communicating to management
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to prioritize marketing spend per channel and market. Experience in marketing to small businesses will be desirable
• Demonstrated intense customer focus.
• Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
Stipend and Benefits
• The Internship Stipend will be INR 85,000 per month.
• Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes.
• Flight tickets in economy class (on ward and return for internship).
• The candidates are also eligible for 15 days accommodation and 15 days cab on reimbursement basis. • Monthly food coupons.
• Free HOH (Home –Office-Home) for duration of internship.
• Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
• Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.
• Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
• Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
AMZR Req ID: 559448
External Company URL: www.amazon.com