Fidelity & Guaranty Life Manager, Operations - International Markets in Baltimore, Maryland
This position will be responsible for leading activities in support of the international direct and reinsurance life insurance initiative with Fidelity & Guaranty Life during its start-up development and implementation and ongoing management of the operation. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English/Spanish) and have experience in the operations of an insurance platform for fixed annuities and life insurance/reinsurance. The position will report to the SVP Business Development – International Markets. During the start-up phase, this role will be hands on managing the day to day activities and tasks of the operation. As the International market grows, additional operations staff may be added.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the activities in support of the international direct and reinsurance life insurance initiative
- Will be responsible for the operational “start up” of the International Business
- Provide input into the design, development, and implementation of the operational platform across new business, administration, claims, and development of reporting.
- Act as the liaison between the international team and internal/external systems teams.
- Leads the coordination of specifications, testing processes and implementation schedules.
- Serve as primary contact for our carrier partners in regard to training, administration, customer service and commission & benefit payments.
- Development of specifications and administrative procedures
- This individual will work with multiple teams both inside and outside the company
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, actuarial, finance or other related major preferred. In lieu of degree at least 10 years of demonstrated experience in the operations of an insurance company preferably in the international space.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the insurance or financial services industry is required.
- Familiar with insurance products, their value calculation, administration processes, claim processing and underwriting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Strong calculation based skills
- Demonstrated understanding of financial principles
- Well-versed in the principles of modern technology, process design and implementation and continuous improvement
- The ability to communicate and explain procedures will be critical.
- Written communication skills will be essential for the development of specifications and administration procedures.
- Effective communication in business quality Spanish.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build critical long-term beneficial business relationships.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, proactive and high energy. Able to work individually while building out a team and act as a leader of this team in the future.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the domestic company to leverage our existing capabilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Team player who has the ability to function as a key member of a small group.
- Travel is required – up to 25%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Typical professional office environment
- Periods of extended sitting and computer work required
- Ability to travel
Fidelity & Guaranty Life is aware of the valuable contribution skilled and highly motivated employees bring to a company. We recruit talented and committed individuals to our organization and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth in their chosen field as well as in the insurance industry.
Headquartered in Des Moines, IA, with offices in Baltimore, MD and Lincoln, NE, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company has employees who are committed to serving our customers who are seeking the safety, protection, accumulation potential and income features of life insurance and annuity products.
Originally Incorporated in 1959 and now under new ownership since April 2011 by HRG Group Inc., Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company continues to offer its series of focused life insurance and annuity products.
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we offer rewarding career opportunities and growth potential for our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package as well as a focus on learning and development, in addition to an organizational culture that works hard and has fun.