Thomson Reuters Marketing Graphic Designer in Ann Arbor, Michigan
We’re looking for an experienced, professional designer to create fresh, compelling marketing content for a global software and information company. In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing effective marketing communications that support the strategic marketing plans for the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. Designing for one of the most recognized and respected brands on the planet, you’ll be responsible for creating innovative campaigns and working with a close-knit team of marketers, software developers and subject matter experts to ensure that designs are on-message, compliant with our branding and style guidelines and follow marketing best practices.
* Works on large, complex projects that require collaboration with subject matter experts to glean important details about audience and objectives.
* Designs effective marketing materials for both print and web that comply with internal best practices, support the Tax & Accounting marketing plans, reflect Thomson Reuters core messaging and adhere to branding guidelines.
* Brings innovation, creativity and freshness to our marketing execution and stays on top of trends in the marketing profession.
* Contributes to concept development and brainstorming creative ideas for a wide range of projects.
* Creates layouts and develops graphics for a variety of materials, including brochures, catalogs, case studies, infographics, email headers, social media graphics, direct mail, advertising, training materials, trade show graphics and other signage, PowerPoint templates, digital banners and other projects as needed. Experience with interactive designs and animated banners is a plus.
* Works with outside vendors to coordinate print and production of materials as needed.
* Uses our project management system to effectively manage work from start to finish.
* Works under limited supervision, taking ownership of assignments and any issues within own area of knowledge.
* Works cooperatively in a team environment; participates in project planning sessions with team members and key stakeholders.
* Regularly communicates with business stakeholders to exchange information, understand requirements and solve problems.
* Meets intense and changing deadlines, manages multiple projects, balances shifting priorities and focuses on solutions to improve quality and efficiency as project progresses.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
* A BA or BFA degree in graphic design or related field, or commensurate work experience.
* A minimum of 5 years proven experience in professional graphic design experience, preferably in a business-to-business environment.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to handle copy changes with accuracy, control versions carefully, and ensure files are archived accurately and promptly.
* Proven understanding of print layout, including master pages, layers, tables, export settings, press requirements, style sheets, fonts, color profiles/palettes, pagination, graphic manipulation, etc.
* High level of personal initiative, accountability and follow-through.
* Some understanding of HTML a plus.
* Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of work for review.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
/Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.// / /To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.// / /More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com./
Job: *Marketing Family Group
Organization: *Tax&Acctg Professional
Title: Marketing Graphic Designer
Location: Michigan-Ann Arbor-Ann Arbor-6300 Interfirst Dr
Requisition ID: JREQ084310
Other Locations: United States of America-Texas-Carrollton-USA-Carrollton-2395 Midway Rd