The College Board Director, Professional Communications & Marketing in -, New York
Director, Professional Communications & Marketing
Job ID: HC20170704-38677
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Professional Communications & Marketing. This position is based out of the New York, NY office.
Working collaboratively with team members across the College Board, the Director, Professional Communications & Marketing will help translate organizational goals into Communications strategies and tactics that effectively reach targeted professional audiences - including, but not limited to, principals, school counselors, and teachers. The director will be an out-of-the-box thinker who can bring the perspective of these audiences to organizational planning.
- * Partner with the organization's K-12 subject-matter experts in specific programs, initiatives, projects, and campaigns in order to ensure that their concerns are reflected in all Communications & Marketing endeavors from start to finish.
- * Represent the concerns and needs of K-12 professionals within and on behalf of the broader Communications & Marketing team.
- * Provide concise, meaningful, and relevant content tailored to the K-12 community for various media and marketing outlets.
- * Develop the College Board's content and communications strategy to maintain and improve our thought leadership position in the K-12 community.
- * Embrace the overarching organizational mission, messages, and objectives in day-to-day work and keep in mind how they relate to the K-12 community.
- * Facilitate cross-functional, cross-program partnerships with teams across the College Board that also engage in outreach to K-12 audiences.
- * Establish and maintain deep symbiotic working relationships with other Communications & Marketing teams, including Strategic Marketing, Reputation, Brand, Production, and Digital.
- * Maintain contact and consultative relationships with K-12 teachers, counselors, and school and district administrators (e.g., principals, superintendents, etc.) through focus groups, advisory councils, national and regional assemblies, internal and external conferences, etc.
- * Manage relationships with external agencies, consultants, and advisory and/or executional external bodies as necessary.
- * Bachelor's degree required (master's degree preferred). Marketing, communications, English, or journalism degrees preferred.
- * At least 5-8 years of solid work experience in the K-12 marketplace in an outreach capacity.
- * Strong verbal and written communication skills
- * Ability to forge winning relationships.
- * Understanding of Communications & Marketing strategies, channels, and campaign execution.
- * Familiarity with content creation for various media.
- * Strong business acumen and project management orientation.
- * Ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- * Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- * Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- * Capacity to oversee the work of others, including those who are not direct reports.
- * Willingness to travel, as necessary.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our
Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers - https://careers.collegeboard.org/joblist.html
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel Less than 25%
Areas of Expertise Communications
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 4-5